Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Overture for Uma

For some time I’ve been working on a short film. Not that I’m crazy about short films. But since it’s almost impossible to get anyone to read a spec script I thought maybe I’d produce a short movie, get a little buzz and perhaps someone of importance would to stoop to the level of reading an unknown’s spec. Stranger things have happened.

I’m still piddling with the script, about 16 pages right now, but it’s coming along. I’d like to get it under 10 minutes but that’s going to be tough.

Anyway, I’ve mashed together some music bits that I’d like to use in the film. A sort of overture I guess. All quite legal, thank you. Obviously you’d stretch some parts out and delete others but these are the snippets of music to match the mood that I’d like to convey. Doesn’t Robert Rodriguez write his music first too?

I also have permission to use a Moby (Yes, that Moby) piece but it can only be used in the film, not for use in a frivolous blog. So, I’m pretty well fixed for music.

The photo is a location shot. Nice place to shoot a film. Enjoy the music, Overture for Uma.

Hmmmmm, Blogger doesn't want to accept my mp3 for posting. Video yes, audio no. Must be some way to do it. No biggie. Skippy and I don't get many visitors anyway. Anyone wishing a copy please contact management and one will be forthcoming.


No comments:

Post a Comment